Monday, April 1, 2019

Spring has Sprung, but I've lost the spring in my step!

As I sit and write this post, I'm sitting in the house, feet up in Russell's recliner. The heating pad is on my back and the smell of RockSport is permeating the house. I hurt my back over the weekend, probably loading and unloading after a large craft fair in Billings that I participated in. I've been in the recliner for 2 days now. I didn't sleep well Saturday or Sunday because of the pain I am feeling.

I think God is teaching me a lesson.

You see, Russell suffers from chronic pain in his back. He has had 6 surgeries. He has nerve damage with no feeling in his left leg and only limited feeling in his right. Because of him, I am wildly familiar with pain and how debilitating it can be. But watching it happen to someone is not the same as having it happen to you.


I'm not moving nearly as fast as I usually do. I wince just trying to stand or pick up a sock. I continue to work through the pain, but it's taking longer than usual, and there are somethings I just don't feel up to doing, because it would physically hurt if I did. (I probably won't go live on my Business Page today because of it. I don't think I can sit in my chair down stairs for more than 2 minutes.)

That's one reason I absolutely LOVE the Direct Sales Industry. I can work when I want and from where I want. Some times that's from Cancun or the Caribbean when I've earned an Incentive Trip. Other times, like today, it's from the recliner, because I don't have a choice, even though I'd prefer to be anywhere else but the recliner.😖

Direct Sales and Chalk Couture enables people just like you, and just like me, to work our business the way we need to. It rewards us for sharing with other people who have common interests in the product we have. It allows us to schedule our day around doctors' appointments, physical therapy, surgeries, kids activities, work requirements, unexpected emergencies, etc.

It's flexible. But... you still have to work your business. It takes perseverance and determination to work a business where you don't have a boss to tell you what to do. You have to have an entrepreneurial spirit, be organized and be a self-starter. You have to have a positive attitude, because not everything will go your way. It takes work... lots of work. But the rewards are countless!


I've met people who have become customers, hosts, team members, and most importantly, friends. I've grown as a person, a leader, and a business person. I've earned money to help support, treat and spoil my family by taking them on trips with me, giving to them and helping them, when needed.

I'm not through yet. I've got goals. I know I have to continue working. So even on a day like today, when I'd rather lay on the sofa and binge watch all 6 seasons of Downton Abbey, I continue to work it. I work my business, not because I have to, but because I want to. I know what it can do for me and my family, as well as others who I share it with.

If learning more about the Direct Sales Industry and/or Chalk Couture is something you are interested in, let me know. I'd love to share my experience with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BIG UPDATE!

It comes with a heavy heart to announce I will no longer be maintaining my Blog.  It will not be deleted... at least for now; however, I wil...