Wednesday, February 21, 2018

My Why? Oh, Why? Oh, Why?

I've been in the Direct Sales Industry for the past 8 years.
I love what I do and I do what I love.


I chose this avenue to earn income for my family, because working a traditional job, outside the home, does NOT work for me, as I am Russell's caretaker. Most days, that can mean very little, but other days, it is all-consuming. You never know what day today will be.
For those who may not know Russell's history, he was injured while in the Army.  He essentially broke his back in a training operation (Humvee vs Tank... You can guess who lost.) and now suffers from chronic back and neck pain, nerve damage and a host of other conditions related to his injury.  Russell has oodles of doctors appointments each week -- 2 physical therapy appointments, as well as appointments with Pain Management, Neurology, Neurosurgery, etc.  It is never dull around our house and there is always an appointment on the calendar.
While Russell is still considered to be independent, as he has his Drivers License, he can no longer drive long distances on his own and therefore I must drive him to appointments, some of which are 4+ hours away, one way.  This does not work well with most traditional jobs, and has been a sacrifice we have made together.
I don't share this for sympathy, but to share a piece of who I am and why I do what I do.
While my Direct Sales company has changed from one crafting company to another, the reason why I do what I do has not. 
  • I have the flexibility to work from home, doing something I love and have a passion for. 
  • I love sharing the products and seeing peoples' faces when they see how easy it is to create. 
  • I love the opportunities this type of business have afforded me, including: travel, new friends, confidence, and of course additional income.
  • I work when I want to work from wherever I want to work, around my family's schedule.
For you, your picture may look different.
  • Maybe you are a stay at home mom with kids you want to be home with.
  • Maybe you are recently retired and are looking for something fun to do to keep you busy.
  • Maybe you do work a traditional job, but you just don't love it and are looking for a change.
  • Maybe you are a student who wants to work around your ever changing school schedule.
  • The situation possibilities are endless.
Now, I am not here to tell you that being in Direct Sales is easy or that you are going to make money over night.  
  • It takes a lot of hard work.  I work my business in some fashion EVERY DAY.
  • You have to be self-motivated.  There is no one telling me what to do today.
  • You have to see a vision of what this industry CAN do for you and your family.  
  • You have to be willing to learn and grow.  Be willing to step outside your comfort zone.

I FIRMLY believe that Direct Sales can work for anyone, regardless of the company they choose -- Tupperware, Pampered Chef, Arbonne, etc.  The possibilities are endless/

However, if you would like more information about becoming a Chalk Couture Designer and joining my team, contact me @ rstafford828@gmail.com, or 775-750-7809 and we will talk and  I will send you some information that could change your life.

What do you have to lose?   What could you potentially gain?

Until next time, give it some thought,
Roberta
The Traveling Crafter (at home in Wyoming)




No comments:

Post a Comment

BIG UPDATE!

It comes with a heavy heart to announce I will no longer be maintaining my Blog.  It will not be deleted... at least for now; however, I wil...